The Goodnow Library Foundation
The Goodnow Library Foundation was created in 2008 to support The Goodnow Library’s critical needs. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; Tax ID 45-0589881. All donations are tax-deductible.
The Foundation works in tandem with the Library Director Esmé Green, Library Trustees, Sudbury town officials and The Friends of the Goodnow Library. It focuses on long-term capital projects, events and activities tied to the Library’s mission and long-range goals.
The Goodnow Library is supported by various funding sources including private gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporate partners. As the Library’s expenses continue to grow, private gifts are more important than ever to meet the demands of the 21st century – capital improvements, technology upgrades and physical refurbishments and renovations.
Make a donation today to allow us to continue to support the Goodnow Library.
Be Bold Speaker Series
After a successful pilot program, we are continuing our Be Bold Speaker Series into 2019. This series is designed to educate and connect attendees to the inspiring members of our community. Come connect, come learn..and leave inspired and educated!
Tuesday, March 12th, 7-8:30 p.m. Being Bold Outside the Box Perhaps you’ve heard the quote “Instead of thinking outside the box, get rid of the box.” The following individuals will be sharing their own stories as well as engaging in conversation about what “outside the box” means for them:
- Kristen Flynn:Technical Product Associate, Atrium Innovations Inc.
- Helen LeMoine: Executive Director, Leadership MetroWest
- Karen Morales:Founder, Marketing Magnet
- Giulietta “Julie” Nardone: Writer, Painter, Untrainer
- Brandale Randolph: Founder and Owner, 1854 Cycling Company
- Brendyn Schneider: Professional Storyspinner & Job Search Workshop Instructor
Please register here.
We are grateful to the following people who donated their time to speak at our 2017-2018 Be Bold Speaking Series:
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 RE-ENTERING THE WORKFORCE
- Sharon Kan, CEO & co-founder of Pepperlane
- Samantha Karustis, Asst. Principal, Cyrus E. Dallin Elementary
- Katelyn Klapper, CEO of College Options
- Marybeth Madigan, founder of MB, Ink
- Bonnie Morrissey, founder of Bonnie’s Bootcamp
- Kim Urquhart, owner Laurel Grove
JANUARY 9, 2018 INSPIRING INNOVATORS
- Stephen Brackett, Downeast Holdings, LLC
- Jeff Bell, Sterilis, LLC
- Kevin ten Brink, KT2 Design Group
- Rob Kornblum, Coach & Author
- Mike Trioano, G20 Ventures
MAY 11, 2018 BE MINDFUL: MINDFUL LIVING FOR BUSY PEOPLE
- Marilyn Taylor, Life Coach
- Cynthia Gramer, Spiritual Advisor
MAY 22, 2018 BE MINDFUL: MINDFUL LIVING FOR BUSY PEOPLE
- Lisa Campbell, Sohum Yoga and Meditation
- Yana Bloomstein, Wellness Walks
- Eric Bloomstein, Special Education Expert
- Samela St. Pierre, Artist/ Yoga Teacher
- Pat St. Pierre, Artist
OCTOBER 23, 2018 BE BOLD: TELLING YOUR STORY
- Ruth-Anne Adams, Chef & Restauranteur
- Jill Dixon, President of Tally
- Jen Maseda, Founder, Metrowest Conference for Women
- Liz Sower, Creator, Ghost in the Burbs podcast
- Kerri Tabasky, Writer & Public Speaker, COO, Boston Podcast
- Amanda Walters, Realtor @ Coldwell Banker
If you are interested in joining one of our committees, contact us at [email protected]
- Historical Archives
- Special Events (Mini-Golf Fundraiser on April 27-28th)
- Community Outreach
We are pleased to share our Strategic Priorities for 2018-2021.