The Goodnow Library Foundation
The Goodnow Library Foundation was created in 2008 to support The Goodnow Library’s critical needs. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; Tax ID 45-0589881. All donations are tax-deductible.
The Foundation works in tandem with the Library Director Esmé Green, Library Trustees, Sudbury town officials and The Friends of the Goodnow Library. It focuses on long-term capital projects, events and activities tied to the Library’s mission and long-range goals.
The Goodnow Library is supported by various funding sources including private gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporate partners. As the Library’s expenses continue to grow, private gifts are more important than ever to meet the demands of the 21st century – capital improvements, technology upgrades and physical refurbishments and renovations.
Make a donation today to allow us to continue to support the Goodnow Library.
Be Bold Speaker Series
After a successful pilot program, we are continuing our Be Bold Speaker Series into 2019. This series is designed to educate and connect attendees to the inspiring members of our community. We are currently planning the following events for 2019:
Tuesday, January 8th, 7-8:30 p.m. Sharing Stories at Goodnow
The following individuals will be sharing their own stories as well as engaging in conversation about the interplay between art and science:.
- Michele Clamp, PhD: Artist & Scientist; Co-Founder, wit nix & Michele Clamp Art
- Kim Kanki, PhD: Operations Manager, Global Clinical Biomarkers & Companion Diagnostics, EMD Serono
- Yvette Monstad: Artist, Babacool Arts
- Elizabeth Moy: Founder, Blueprint Projects
- Rucci Newman, PhD: Research Specialist, The Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT & Harvard
- Renata Pomponi, PhD: Sanctuary Director, Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wendy Puryear, PhD: Senior Research Associate, Cummings Veterinary School at Tufts
- Janice Corkin Rudolf: Sculptor
- Jeanne Rosier Smith, PhD: Artist, National Workshop Instructor & Owner, Jeanne Rosier Smith Pastel Studio
The Be Bold Series is a great way to learn about and connect with people in our greater community. Come connect, come learn..and leave inspired and educated!
Tuesday, March 12th, 7-8:30 p.m. Being Bold Outside the Box
We are grateful to the following people who donated their time to speak at our 2017-2018 Be Bold Speaking Series:
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 RE-ENTERING THE WORKFORCE
- Sharon Kan, CEO & co-founder of Pepperlane
- Samantha Karustis, Asst. Principal, Cyrus E. Dallin Elementary
- Katelyn Klapper, CEO of College Options
- Marybeth Madigan, founder of MB, Ink
- Bonnie Morrissey, founder of Bonnie’s Bootcamp
- Kim Urquhart, owner Laurel Grove
JANUARY 9, 2018 INSPIRING INNOVATORS
- Stephen Brackett, Downeast Holdings, LLC
- Jeff Bell, Sterilis, LLC
- Kevin ten Brink, KT2 Design Group
- Rob Kornblum, Coach & Author
- Mike Trioano, G20 Ventures
MAY 11, 2018 BE MINDFUL: MINDFUL LIVING FOR BUSY PEOPLE
- Marilyn Taylor, Life Coach
- Cynthia Gramer, Spiritual Advisor
MAY 22, 2018 BE MINDFUL: MINDFUL LIVING FOR BUSY PEOPLE
- Lisa Campbell, Sohum Yoga and Meditation
- Yana Bloomstein, Wellness Walks
- Eric Bloomstein, Special Education Expert
- Samela St. Pierre, Artist/ Yoga Teacher
- Pat St. Pierre, Artist
OCTOBER 23, 2018 BE BOLD: TELLING YOUR STORY
- Ruth-Anne Adams, Chef & Restauranteur
- Jill Dixon, President of Tally
- Jen Maseda, Founder, Metrowest Conference for Women
- Liz Sower, Creator, Ghost in the Burbs podcast
- Kerri Tabasky, Writer & Public Speaker, COO, Boston Podcast
- Amanda Walters, Realtor @ Coldwell Banker
If you are interested in joining one of our committees, contact us at [email protected]
- Historical Archives
- Special Events (Mini-Golf Fundraiser on April 27-28th)
- Community Outreach
We are pleased to share our Strategic Priorities for 2018-2021.