Where we have gone
The Foundation made its debut in October 2012 with a highly successful gala marking Goodnow’s 150th birthday. In the short time since then we have funded:
- An overhaul of the library’s technology offerings, adding state-of-the-art networked public access terminals, iPads, iMacs, Chromebooks, a wireless printer, Apple TV and more;
- The revitalization of the Children’s Room, including new shelves, furniture, art, educational toys, an aquarium, and a play structure;
- An annual spring art show for children, celebrating the creativity of Sudbury artists aged tots to tweens;
- An annual winter STEAM Fair that lets families explore concepts and activities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math;
- The restoration of the library’s historical collection including the town’s Civil War Monument in front of the library, a project that included new landscaping and lighting;
- An endowment to provide for future needs of the Goodnow Library in this century and beyond;
- Fundraisers including an annual fall gala, which brings together community entertainers and leaders, plus a “Programs for Parents” series;
- Focus group research, which led to the launching of a Foundation Advisory Board of community leaders.
- Social media outreach that includes a presence on Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn — creating a virtual community of library supporters.