The Goodnow Library is an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility and accepts U.S. Passport applications by appointment.
Please use the button below, call (978) 440-5520 or email [email protected] to make an appointment!
Please note that we have several new passport agents. While we get them up to speed, we will offer weekday/daytime hours only. We will add evening and weekend hours as soon as we can!
What do I need to bring with me to the library when I apply?
- Completed Form DS-11 printed or filled out in black ink. Do NOT sign your form until you are told to do so by the passport acceptance agent at the library. Forms are available at the library but can also be downloaded from the State Department’s website.
- Proof of identification: usually a driver’s license or previously issued valid passport, but also Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship, US Military ID, or government employee ID. All must have an identifiable photo.
- If applying with a minor (under the age of 16), both parents must be present and have proof of identification, as well as submit documentation that lists the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child applying for a passport (e.g. a U.S. birth certificate or U.S. birth certificate Consular Report of Birth Abroad. If both parents can not be present, additional documentation will be required. For more information, please visit travel.state.gov.
- Minors ages 16 and 17 may submit their own identification or have one parent present to present proof of identification.
- Evidence of US citizenship: usually an original birth certificate (no photocopies), original Certificate of Naturalization, or previously issued valid passport. Additional documentation or a File Search Fee may be required if these can not be provided.
- Photograph of each applicant. See Form DS-11 for details. The library is not equipped to take passport photos at this time.
- Payment to the US Department of State must be made with check or money order, and it is strongly encouraged that a separate check be written for each applicant. Currently, the fees for passports are $80 for children and $110 for adults.
- The Execution (Processing) Fee is $35 may be paid to the library in cash, check, or money order made out to the Goodnow Library.
*Applicants looking to renew their passport do not need to visit a Passport Acceptance Facility – please follow the directions to complete application and mail, found on Form DS-82
The nearest Passport Agency is:
Tip O’Neill Federal Building
10 Causeway Street, Room 247
Boston, Massachusetts 02222