Masks & Shields
Many people here in Sudbury and across the country are contributed by making homemade masks for medical personnel. The simplest masks are fabric masks, and you can find patterns and sources of materials as well as a community willing to share their experiences at Masks for Massachusetts.
Please be sure to check with the facility before bringing your donation–some local hospitals are not accepting donations of homemade masks.
Other types of masks include:
- How to make homemade face shields [PDF]
- Instructions for 3D printer face shields [21.7 MB zip file]
- Massachusetts Face Shields
3-D printed masks:
Goodnow Library’s 3D Printer:
- We are working with a local resident to set up 3d printed face-shield production. Here you see our Taz Lulzbot on its way to do its part in fighting the spread of covid-19.
- This is part of a project to create these shields: https://budmen.com/
- Volunteer to participate in this project