April School Vacation Week Programming
All programs are generously sponsored by the Friends of the Goodnow Library
Monday, April 21 – Closed for Patriots Day
Tuesday, April 22:
- 10:30-11:00 AM, Musical Imagination Adventure Family Concert, Ages 0-5: Sing, Dance and Imagine with Cheryl Melody! Every word in every song and story inspires self-esteem, creativity, and a world of love! Meet Shy Mousie and her other puppet friends, become part of each story and song, hug and laugh, dance with joy, and with the ringing of the Golden imagination bowl and the waving of the magic wand…become part of the characters living in the land of Imagination. For babies through age 5+, and for the adults who love them. This drop-in program will be held in the Community Room.
- 4:00-4:45 PM, Lego Club, Ages 4 and up: Children ages 4 and up can drop-in every Tuesday to make Lego creations at the Library. Once finished, children will be able to display their masterpieces in the Children’s Department for all patrons to enjoy! Duplo Lego bricks are available for the youngest Lego enthusiasts! This drop-in program will be held in the Story & Craft Room.
Wednesday, April 23:
- 9:30-10:00 AM and 11:00-11:30 AM, Wee Reads, Ages 0-2: Children from birth through age 2 are invited to drop-in for a lapsit featuring short stories, songs, movement and rhymes to encourage early literacy and parent/child interaction. Join us after the program for playtime! This drop-in program will be held in the Story & Craft Room.
- 2:30-3:30 PM and 4:00-5:00 PM, Make Your Own Magic Tricks Workshop, Ages 7 and up: Get your favorite magic word ready! Kids age 7 and older will learn how to make and perform some astounding magic tricks in Magician Debbie O’Carroll’s Make Your Own Magic Tricks workshop. Amaze your friends and family with the magic illusions, sleight-of-hand effects, and card tricks that you will learn how to create and take home with you. This fun-filled hour-long workshop will be held in the Community Room and does require registration through our online calendar. Please click here to register for the 2:30 PM workshop and click here to register for the 4:00 PM workshop. Patrons may only register for one workshop. Registration will begin April 9.
Thursday, April 24:
- 10:30-11:15 AM, Tales for Tots, Ages 18-36 Months: Drop-in for a morning of stories, rhymes, fingerplays and songs that promote early literacy skills through storytime. Stay after for a simple, sensory craft! This interactive program is perfect for children ages 18 months – 3 years with their caregivers. This is a drop-in program and will be held in the Children’s Octagon and the Story & Craft Room.
- 4:00-5:00 PM, Learn Hula Hooping with Pinto Bella, Ages 5 and up: Kids ages 5 and up are invited to drop-in to learn hula hooping and all of the amazing benefits that come with it with Hoopnotica certified instructor Pinto Bella! After some brief instructions, demonstration, and a short performance, the group gets to try hula hooping themselves, while Pinto Bella gives one-on-one instruction, trouble shooting, and help with new tricks. After the group has all had opportunities to play and hoop around, we take some time for organized games that teach teamwork and communication with the hoop! Pinto Bella will finish the session with one last special Hoop Dance! Stick around after the session to get all of your hooping questions answered! Children ages 6 and under must have an adult accompany them during this program. Children under the age of 9 may not be left unattended in the library.
- 7:00-8:00 PM Lego Club for Older Kids, Ages 9+: Join us for a Lego Club for kids 9 and up at the Library! As always, you can build whatever you like! Once finished, everyone will enjoy viewing your creations in our new display case in the Children’s Department! Registration for this program can be done by clicking here, and it will be held in the Story & Craft Room.
Friday, April 25:
- 10:30-11:15 AM, Preschool Storytime Fun, Ages 3-6 AM: Preschool aged children are invited to join us on Friday mornings. Each week will be an exploration of a new letter through books and action rhymes or felt board activities which will be followed by a letter related craft. This is a drop-in program and will be held in the Story & Craft Room.
- 2:30-4:00 PM, Frozen Movie Sing-a-long, All Ages: Drop-in to sing-a-long to your favorite songs from the movie ‘Frozen’! Kids of all ages are welcome to this movie showing where singing during a movie is actually encouraged! Participants will be given popcorn and song lyric sheets at the beginning of the show. This is a drop-in program and will be held in the Community Room.