February School Vacation Week Programming
Monday, February 17 – Closed for Presidents Day
Tuesday, February 18:
- 10:30-11:30 AM, Lindsay & Her Puppet Pals, Ages 3-8: Year round, Lindsay brings her Puppet Pals, lovingly crafted, giant hand puppets and marionettes, to child and family audiences across New England. Filled with silliness, crowd participation, and unique, memorable characters, this series of charming and positive short stories will delight the young and the young at heart! Registration is not required for this program and it is ideal for kids ages 3-8 years old. Show will be held in the Community Room.
- 4:00-4:45 PM, Lego Club, Ages 4 and up: Children ages 4 and up can drop-in every Tuesday to make Lego creations at the Library. Once finished, children will be able to display their masterpieces in the Children’s Department for all patrons to enjoy! Duplo Lego bricks are available for the youngest Lego enthusiasts!
- 6:00-8:00 PM, 2nd and 3rd Grade Book Group & Movie, Fantastic Mr. Fox (PG): Second and Third graders are invited to a fantastic discussion of Roald Dahl’s classic Fantastic Mr. Fox. We’ll briefly discuss the book and then watch the movie adaptation! Popcorn and refreshments will be served. Registration is required for this wonderful event, and the books may be picked up at the Children’s Desk.
Wednesday, February 19:
- 9:30-10:00 AM and 11:00-11:30 AM, Wee Reads, Ages 0-2: Children from birth through age 2 are invited to drop-in for a lapsit featuring short stories, songs, movement and rhymes to encourage early literacy and parent/child interaction. Join us after the program for playtime!
- 2:30-3:30 PM, Eyes on Owls, All Ages: Everyone loves owls! Yet, how often do you get to see an owl up close? Perhaps you’ve glimpsed the shadowy form of a Great-horned Owl in the beam of your headlights as you traveled a back road at night. Have you ever scanned a frozen saltmarsh or hayfield in winter, hoping to find that arctic hunter, the Snowy Owl? How about that mob of noisy crows circling a white pine tree? Have they found an owl? Join teacher/naturalist Marcia Wilson and author/photographer/naturalist Mark Wilson in sharing their passion for owls! This is a drop in program and will be held in the Community Room
Thursday, February 20:
- 10:30-11:15 AM, Tales for Tots, Ages 18-36 Months: Drop-in for a morning of stories, rhymes, fingerplays and songs that promote early literacy skills through storytime. Stay after for a simple, sensory craft! This interactive program is perfect for children ages 18 months – 3 years with their caregivers
- 6:00-8:00 PM, 4th and 5th Grade Book Group & Movie, The Witches (PG): Fourth and Fifth graders are invited to a fantastic discussion of Roald Dahl’s classic The Witches. We’ll briefly discuss the book and then watch the movie adaptation! Popcorn and refreshments will be served. Registration is required for this wonderful event, and the books may be picked up at the Children’s Desk.
Friday, February 21:
- 10:30-11:15 AM, Preschool Storytime Fun, Ages 3-6 AM: Preschool aged children are invited to join us on Friday mornings. Each week will be an exploration of a new letter through books and action rhymes or felt board activities which will be followed by a letter related craft.
- 2:00-4:00 PM, Family Board Game Bonanza, Ages 2 and up: Families are invited to drop in for our school vacation week board game bonanza! Play a round of Monopoly, Uno, Scrabble, or learn how to play a new game. This program is perfect for families with kids ages 2 and up, and will be held in the Community Room. Light snacks will be served for all players.
Categories: Adults, Children