Service Update, 7/6
The Goodnow Library is closed to the public until further notice.
We know that this is an inconvenience for many, but we believe that this is the best way to preserve the health and safety of the public and the staff.
Thank you for your patience while we work to balance safety and service.
To borrow library materials:
- Place your holds in the Minuteman Catalog. You can also call 978-440-5520 Monday-Wednesday, 9 am-5 pm or Thursday 12 noon-8 pm for assistance with placing holds. We are ONLY filling holds for Sudbury pick-up of Sudbury materials at this time.
- When you receive the email telling you your item is ready for pickup, or see on your account, you can book your pick-up timeslot. Pick-up times are 10 am-4 pm on Monday-Wednesday, and 1 pm-7 pm on Thursdays. You can also call 978-440-5530 to book.
- Please park in the main parking lot, use the ramp and follow all directional signs.
- Time slots are 1 hour long, which means if you choose 10 am, you can come anytime between 10 and 11 to pick up your items. We will be putting out up to 10 labeled bags each hour, so please make sure you pick up the correct bag!
- If you miss your pick-up time, please call us at 978-440-5530 to reschedule.
Due dates and returns:
- Date due notices went out last weekend for everything due on June 30. We have since renewed most of those items to July 31. Even if they haven’t been renewed, we will be waiving any fines.
- Because of the notices, we have had record returns in the past week! Because of this, and because we are quarantining materials before handling them, you may still see items on your account that you believe you have returned. Please be assured that we are working on this backlog, and remember that we’ll waive any fines.
- Our main book drop (the one in the wall to the left of the main doors) is open. If you discover that it is full, please let us know. Please do not leave materials on the ground or open the door and balance them on top. We know it’s an inconvenience to have to come back, but if the books are stolen or damaged, we may have to charge you for them.
Children’s Summer Reading Materials:
- Contactless pickup of ALL Children’s Summer Reading materials has moved!
- To allow for convenient one-stop pickups of holds AND Summer Reading materials, we are moving all Summer Reading pickups from the front circle to the main library entrance. Summer Reading Materials will now be located to the right of the main doors on the shelving unit labeled Children’s Summer Reading. To ensure adequate social distancing, we have a limited number of registration spots within each one hour time slot. Please park in the main parking lot, wear a mask, use the ramp and follow all directional signs.
- Timeslots for each week will be released on the Friday before that week. Please visit our Children’s Summer Reading page for details.
Your patience is appreciated and we look forward to restoring services as quickly as we can. For the latest service updates, please check our website or subscribe to one of our mailing lists.
The library will be staffed Monday-Thursday, 9 am-5 pm, and will try to answer all phone calls during those hours. If we we miss your call, please leave a voicemail and we will respond as soon as possible. We are also monitoring voicemails when the library is not staffed.
If you want to skip the recorded message and reach a particular department, here are some direct numbers you can use:
- Circulation, including holds pick-up: 978-440-5530
- Reference: 978-440-5520
- Children’s, including summer reading: 978-440-5540