Service Update, 5/18
The Goodnow Library is closed to the public until further notice.
We know that this is an inconvenience for many, but we believe that this is the best way to preserve the health and safety of the public and the staff.
NEW! Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of library users, volunteers, and staff. We are working closely with other town departments, our library network and neighboring libraries to achieve this. We are also working to obtain sufficient PPE and disinfectant to keep the library users and staff safe. In addition, we are also waiting for some direction from the Governor, who has not yet addressed where libraries—or any government offices—fit into his phased plan.
When the library does open, it will also be in phases. We will most likely remain closed to the public at first, with curbside pickup available.
The library staff will be available by phone (978-443-1035) or email ([email protected]). The library will not be staffed during this time, but staff are checking both email and voicemail regularly and will respond as soon as possible.
If you want to skip the recorded message and reach a particular department, here are some direct numbers you can use:
- Circulation: 978-440-5530
- Reference: 978-440-5520
- Children’s: 978-440-5540
- 5/15/2020: We have recently added a trial subscription to O’Reilly for Public Libraries, which includes more than 45,000 books and 30,000 hours of streaming video in the areas of information technology and software, business, digital media, professional and personal development and desktop and web applications. Also included are 900+ titles from the popular “For Dummies” series.
- 5/4/2020 We are happy to announce the return of Lynda.com, an online educational site that includes over 6000 courses.
- 4/24/2020 Creativebug offers online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques. Join in with weekly Craft at Home projects
- 4/22/2020: SudburyTV & the Town of Sudbury present Municipal Minute: information and updates from Town departments.
- 4/17/2020: Join us in celebrating National Library Week and National Poetry Month. Share a poem!
- 4/13/2020: Join our Goodnow Reads for a Good Cause spring reading challenge for all ages and help us support HOPESudbury!
- 4/9/2020: Volunteers are welcome to participate in making face shields, or donating supplies or funds.
- 4/8/2020: We have raised our HOOPLA limit to 20 items per patron per month.
- 4/2/2020: Check out our list of free entertainment you can access from home