Service Update, 6/8
The Goodnow Library is closed to the public until further notice.
We know that this is an inconvenience for many, but we believe that this is the best way to preserve the health and safety of the public and the staff.
Thank you so much for your support during this unprecedented time. Below you will find information about library services through the end of June.
- If you have found yourself with a surplus of paper shopping bags during/as a result of the pandemic, we could use your help. In order to provide contactless service, we are looking for donations of paper shopping bags in near-new condition. You may deposit them in our book drop and we will quarantine them just as we are quarantining all library materials. We thank you for your generosity and patience during these unprecedented times.
- Our language about the book drops, below, was not clear enough and caused some confusion. The free-standing book drop remains closed. Our main book drop—the one in the wall to the left of the doors–is open at all times.
- We are still waiting for an update about contactless pick-ups, so please watch for updates. We are still optimistic about being able to start next week.
- We do not know when delivery between libraries will resume. Please feel free to place holds in the Minuteman system, but only Sudbury holds will be filled when we begin contactless pick-up.
During the month of June:
- Due dates for all items currently checked out are extended through June 30, 2020.
- Our book drop is open and we encourage patrons to return any materials that you are finished using.
- The Friends of the Goodnow Library are not accepting book donations at this time.
- We will continue to provide all of the great virtual programming for children, teens, and adults.
- We anticipate being able to beginning Contactless Pick-up of library materials during the week of June 15, 2020. Our ability to do this depends upon some software upgrades that we are expecting, so June 15 may not be the exact date. More information about this service will follow soon.
Your patience is appreciated and the staff and I look forward to restoring services as quickly as we can. For the latest service updates, please check our website or subscribe to one of our mailing lists.
- 6/5/2020: See all your favorite Goodnow librarians in our Summer Reading Video
- 5/15/2020: We have recently added a trial subscription to O’Reilly for Public Libraries, which includes more than 45,000 books and 30,000 hours of streaming video in the areas of information technology and software, business, digital media, professional and personal development and desktop and web applications. Also included are 900+ titles from the popular “For Dummies” series.
- 5/4/2020 We are happy to announce the return of Lynda.com, an online educational site that includes over 6000 courses.
- 4/24/2020 Creativebug offers online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques. Join in with weekly Craft at Home projects
- 4/22/2020: SudburyTV & the Town of Sudbury present Municipal Minute: information and updates from Town departments.