Update on Contactless Pick Up at Goodnow, 7/16
We’ve heard you! We are combining questions you’ve asked us and things we’ve observed to bring you this update.
1. If you are looking for the instructions on how to place holds and schedule an appointment for pick up, they are at the end of this email.
2. There has been some confusion about email notices and appointments. When you receive an email saying materials are ready for pick up, that means it’s time to make an appointment. The URL for the appointment booking page is in the email.
3. Those emails also say “Items must be picked up by the Pickup Date below.” For now and the foreseeable future, that means “your appointment must be booked by the Pickup Date below.” In other words, if you receive an email that says your item(s) must be picked up by 7/20/20, but the next available appointment (or the next date that is good for you) is 7/22/20, you’re fine. If you have an appointment for pick up, your items will still be there for you. Our timeslots book up fast, so we recommend you make your appointment as soon you can!
4. When booking a timeslot, do not include any spaces in your library card #.
5. Please be sure to double-check the time and date of your appointment. We have folks show up for an appointment only to discover that it was really set for next week.
6. If you already have an appointment and your receive a notice that there are more items ready for you, you do not need to make another appointment, or call or email asking us to combine them. We will include anything that is ready for you at the time of your pick-up.
7. We’ve had an increasing number of no-shows. If you’re not going to be able to make your pick-up time, please let us know so we can reschedule you. You can also cancel by going back to the Book Your Timeslot page and choosing “Manage Existing Pickup.”
To borrow library materials:
1. Place your holds in the Minuteman Catalog. You can also call 978-440-5520 Monday-Wednesday, 9 am-5 pm or Thursday 12 noon-8 pm for assistance with placing holds. We are ONLY filling holds for Sudbury pick-up of Sudbury materials at this time.
2. When you receive the email telling you your item is ready for pickup, or see it on your account, you can book your pick-up timeslot. Pick-up times are 10 am-4 pm on Monday-Wednesday, and 1 pm-7 pm on Thursdays. You can also call 978-440-5530 to book.
3. Please park in the main parking lot, use the ramp and follow all directional signs.
4. Time slots are 1 hour long, which means if you choose 10 am, you can come anytime between 10 and 11 to pick up your items. We will be putting out up to 12 labeled bags each hour, so please make sure you pick up the correct bag!
5. If you miss your pick-up time, please call us at 978-440-5530 to reschedule.
Don’t miss out on any of our news! Join one of our mailing lists!