New Library Initiatives
- The library was awarded a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant for $20,000 to highlight the collection of Native American documents and help support an oral history project involving local Nipmuc, Massachusett, and Wampanoag elders.
- The library was awarded a Sudbury Foundation Grant for $15,000 to enhance adaptive services. This includes a set of Decodable Books for beginning readers and items for the Library of Things like wheelchairs, magnifiers, an adaptive video game controller, braille UNO cards, and more.
- The library was awarded a Race, Equity, and Inclusion grant from the Sudbury Foundation for $5,000 to analyze and report on the diversity of the current collection. In addition to the diversity audit, the library will acquire tools to continuously track the diversity of the collection as new items are added.
- The Boston Public Library will digitize the Ephraim Curtis Middle School and Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School yearbooks for free under a statewide grant.
- The Goodnow Library Foundation has been awarded approximately $19,000 to purchase a 24/7 outdoor book locker for the library. This will allow patrons to pick up materials even when the library is closed.
Please contact us with any questions or ideas at [email protected]