Goodnow Library Statement against Racism
Read our statement here.
COVID-19 & Library Closure
Library closed until further notice.
3D Face Shields
Volunteers are welcome to participate in or donate to a local project.
IRS and Massachusetts tax deadline is now July 15. Forms and MORE.
What do you want to learn today?
Free lynda.com courses. MORE.
The Goodnow Library is closed to the public until further notice.
Dear Goodnow Library Patrons
Thank you so much for your support during this unprecedented time. Below you will find information about library services through the end of June.
The Library has developed a phased Restoration of Services Plan with information and guidance from the following sources:
- Sudbury Town Manager and Health Department
- State, national, and international library associations
- Governor Charlie Baker’s Reopening Massachusetts Plan
The goal of this plan is to fully restore Library services over the coming months, while continuing to prioritize the health and well-being of patrons and staff.
Beginning June 1, 2020, teams of library staff will be allowed to return to the Library to reconfigure staff spaces and begin working through the backlog of new and returned materials and patron holds. Due to the sheer quantity of materials that need processing and a reduced staffing model to maintain social distancing, the process of digging out from a two-month closure is considerable. We anticipate it may take us 3-4 weeks to complete this process.
While we work through the backlog, we will continue to provide all of the great virtual programming for children, teens, and adults.
During the month of June:
- Due dates for all items currently checked out are extended through June 30, 2020.
- Our main book drop (the drop in the wall next to the main doors) is open and we encourage patrons to return any materials that you are finished using.
- The Friends of the Goodnow Library are not accepting book donations at this time.
Presuming we are able to proceed through this first phase without interruption, we anticipate being able to begin Contactless Pick-up of library materials during the week of June 15, 2020. Our ability to do this depends upon some software upgrades that we are expecting, so June 15 may not be the exact date. More information about this service will follow soon.
Your patience is appreciated and the staff and I look forward to restoring services as quickly as we can. For the latest service updates, please check our website or subscribe to one of our mailing lists. If you have questions or comments, you can reach me at [email protected]. Stay well!
The library staff will be available by phone (978-443-1035) or email ([email protected]). The library will not be staffed during this time, but staff are checking both email and voicemail regularly and will respond as soon as possible.
If you want to skip the recorded message and reach a particular department, here are some direct numbers you can use:
- Circulation: 978-440-5530
- Reference: 978-440-5520
- Children’s: 978-440-5540
- 5/15/2020: We have recently added a trial subscription to O’Reilly for Public Libraries, which includes more than 45,000 books and 30,000 hours of streaming video in the areas of information technology and software, business, digital media, professional and personal development and desktop and web applications. Also included are 900+ titles from the popular “For Dummies” series.
- 5/4/2020: We are happy to announce the return of Lynda.com, an online educational site that includes over 6000 courses.
- 4/24/2020: Creativebug offers online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques. Join in with weekly Craft at Home projects.
- 4/22/2020: SudburyTV & the Town of Sudbury present Municipal Minute: information and updates from Town departments.
- Please only do this if you don’t already have a card. If you have a card but can’t remember your card # or PIN, or if your card has expired, please call or email and we’ll help you
Join our Goodnow Reads for a Good Cause spring reading challenge for all ages and help us support HOPESudbury
- You can also get a Boston Public Library eCard here, which will give you access to their huge collection of online resources.
*You must have a library card and pin number to access certain services. If you are experiencing trouble with accessing any of our digital library services, please call the library at 978-440-5520 and we will be happy to assist you. If you do not have a library card please see “Get a temporary library card online,” above.