Summer Reading 2020
Goodnow Library Statement against Racism
Read our statement here.
COVID-19 & Library Closure
Library closed until further notice.
IRS and Massachusetts tax deadline is now July 15. Forms and MORE.
What do you want to learn today?
Free lynda.com courses. MORE.
The Goodnow Library is closed to the public until further notice, but Contactless Holds Pick-up is now available.
- Place your holds in the Minuteman Catalog. You can also call 978-440-5520 Monday-Wednesday, 9 am-5 pm or Thursday 12 noon-8 pm for assistance with placing holds. We are ONLY filling holds for Sudbury pick-up of Sudbury materials at this time.
- When you receive the email telling you your item is ready for pickup, or see on your account, you can book your pick-up timeslot. Pick-up times are 10 am-4 pm on Monday-Wednesday, and 1 pm-7 pm on Thursdays. You can also call 978-440-5530 to book.
- Please park in the main parking lot, use the ramp and follow all directional signs.
- Time slots are 1 hour long, which means if you choose 10 am, you can come anytime between 10 and 11 to pick up your items. We will be putting out up to 10 labeled bags each hour, so please make sure you pick up the correct bag!
- If you miss your pick-up time, please call us at 978-440-5530 to reschedule.
- Date due notices went out last weekend for everything due on June 30. We have since renewed most of those items to July 31. Even if they haven’t been renewed, we will be waiving any fines.
- Because of the notices, we have had record returns in the past week! Because of this, and because we are quarantining materials before handling them, you may still see items on your account that you believe you have returned. Please be assured that we are working on this backlog, and remember that we’ll waive any fines.
- Our main book drop (the one in the wall to the left of the main doors) is open. If you discover that it is full, please let us know. Please do not leave materials on the ground or open the door and balance them on top. We know it’s an inconvenience to have to come back, but if the books are stolen or damaged, we may have to charge you for them.
To Pick Up Children’s Summer Reading Material:
- Reserve your Summer Reading material and a pickup time HERE. This includes Activity Kits*, Craft Kits*, Companion Packs, and Super Reader Bead Kits. *Registration full for Week 2 Activity & Craft Kits. Registration opens for Week 3 Kits Friday, July 10th at 9AM.
- Pick up Summer Reading material near the main library entrance (this has moved from the front circle!). These materials will be on shelves labeled Children’s Summer Reading Pickup. Please park in the back parking lot, use the ramp, wear a mask, and follow all directional signs.
- Time slots are 1 hour long, which means if you choose 10 AM, you can come anytime between 10 and 11 AM to pick up your items. All bags will be labeled with your name. Please be sure to pick up the correct bag.
- If you miss your pick-up time, please call the Children’s Room at 978-440-5540 to reschedule.
- Please also note that Holds Pick-up and Children’s Summer Reading Activity Kit Pickup are separate functions with separate calendars and separate pick-up shelves.
- Both pickups are located near the main library doors.
- If you make appointments in both calendars for the same timeslot, you can easily pick both items in one trip. We cannot, however, add an Activity Kit to your books or vice versa.
- Thanks to your great generosity, we now have a huge supply of paper bags and no longer need more. Thank you!
- We cannot accommodate book donations at this time.
- We will continue to provide all of the great virtual programming for children, teens, and adults.
- Due dates for most items currently checked out are extended through July 31, 2020
We thank you for your generosity and patience during these unprecedented times.
The library staff will be available by phone (978-443-1035) or email ([email protected]). The library will be staffed Monday-Thursday, 9 am-5 pm, and we will try to answer all phone calls during those hours. If we miss your call, please leave a voicemail and we will respond as soon as possible. We are also monitoring voicemails when the library is not staffed.
If you want to skip the recorded message and reach a particular department, here are some direct numbers you can use:
- Circulation: 978-440-5530
- Reference: 978-440-5520
- Children’s: 978-440-5540
- Please only do this if you don’t already have a card. If you have a card but can’t remember your card # or PIN, or if your card has expired, please call or email and we’ll help you
Join our Goodnow Reads for a Good Cause spring reading challenge for all ages and help us support HOPESudbury
- You can also get a Boston Public Library eCard here, which will give you access to their huge collection of online resources.
*You must have a library card and pin number to access certain services. If you are experiencing trouble with accessing any of our digital library services, please call the library at 978-440-5520 and we will be happy to assist you. If you do not have a library card please see “Get a temporary library card online,” above.