Quiet Study Rooms
Quiet study rooms provide a more quiet environment for individuals to study, as well as a place for people to work together on a project without disturbing other library users. Due to the size and furnishings of the room, there is a maximum of four users at a time.
- Any patron wishing to use a quiet study room must reserve it by visiting or calling the Reference desk.
- Each patron is allowed to sign up for a maximum of three hours per day.
- At the end of a time slot, the patron may request an extension of up to one hour, which will be granted unless another patron has booked the time. The patron may continue to request one hour extensions as long as there are no other bookings.
- Rooms will be held for 15 minutes past the reservation time, at which point they may be given to another patron.
- The Library’s Community Room meeting room can accommodate up to 100 people. The cost for the use of this room is $50 for a half-day event (4 hours or less), $100 for a full-day event (in excess of 4 hours), or $150 for recitals and events utilizing the piano. Typically, recital-type events are booked for 4-hour increments.
- The Small Conference Room is located on the second floor of the library. The room contains a single large table and 8 chairs. Cost for the use of this room is $10 per hour or part-hour.
- The Story & Craft Room is located on the right side of the Children’s department. The room has child-sized tables and chairs. The room capacity is 25. Cost for the use of this room is $10 per hour or part-hour.
You may book your reservation for one of our meeting rooms right from your computer. Click on “By Date” or “By Room” to get started. If you have any questions, please call the Circulation Department at 978-440-5530.
Please read through the guidelines below before submitting your request, and note we cannot accept bookings that will begin prior to 10:00 am.