The Goodnow Library is an authorized passport acceptance facility and accepts U.S. passport applications by appointment. Please use the button below, call 978-440-5520, or email [email protected] to make an appointment
Please book one appointment slot per person so we know how many people to expect!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME TO THE LIBRARY WHEN I APPLY:
- Each person applying must be present, including children and infants.
- Completed Form DS-11 printed or filled out in black ink. Do NOT sign your form until you are told to do so by the passport acceptance agent at the library. Forms are available at the library but can also be downloaded from the State Department’s website.
- Proof of identification: usually a driver’s license or previously issued valid passport, but also Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship, US Military ID, or government employee ID. All must have an identifiable photo.
- If applying with a minor (under the age of 16), both parents must be present and have proof of identification, as well as submit documentation that lists the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child applying for a passport (e.g. a U.S. birth certificate or U.S. birth certificate Consular Report of Birth Abroad. If both parents can not be present, additional documentation will be required. For more information, please visit travel.state.gov.
- Minors ages 16 and 17 may submit their own identification or have one parent present to present proof of identification.
- Evidence of US citizenship: usually an original birth certificate (no photocopies), original Certificate of Naturalization, or previously issued valid passport. Additional documentation or a File Search Fee may be required if these can not be provided.
- Photograph of each applicant. See Form DS-11 for details. The library is not equipped to take passport photos at this time.
- Payment to the US Department of State must be made with check or money order, and it is strongly encouraged that a separate check be written for each applicant. Currently, the fees for passports are $100 for children and $130 for adults.
- The Execution (Processing) Fee is $35 may be paid to the library in cash, check, or money order made out to the Goodnow Library.
*Applicants wishing to renew their passport may not need to visit a Passport Acceptance Facility – please follow the directions to complete application and mail, found on Form DS-82
What to Expect:
- As of October 29, routine processing is 8 to 11 weeks and expedite processing (for an additional $60) is 5 to 7 weeks.
- Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility.
Use Self-Service Tools Online: Get your questions answered immediately by using one of the self-service tools available on our site. Check online for your passport status. Customer service representatives will not give status updates over the phone.
Planning to Travel? Apply Early! Apply at least 4-6 months before planned travel. Due to limited availability for urgent travel appointments, we cannot guarantee you can receive in-person service at a passport agency or center. We are prioritizing customers with life-or-death emergencies. We do not charge a fee to make an appointment. Visit our Passport Agency and Center page to learn more.
Appointments are Limited, Must Be Scheduled by Phone: Call 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 TDD/TTY from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, Mondays through Fridays. Learn more to see if you qualify for an appointment.
Renew By Mail: Adults with 10-year passports must renew them by mail instead of appearing in person.
*If you applied over 11 weeks ago for routine service or 7 weeks for expedited service and have not received your passport, we may have sent you a letter requesting more information. We cannot continue processing your application until you respond to this letter. Learn more on our Respond to a Letter or Email page.
The nearest Passport Agency is:
Tip O’Neill Federal Building
10 Causeway St, Room 247
Boston, MA 02222