The following forms are now available in the reference department:
- Federal Form 1040
- Federal Form 1040 Instructions
- Federal Form 1040 A
- Federal Form 1040 A Instructions
- Federal Form 1040 EZ
- Federal Form 1040 EZ Instructions
- Massachusetts Form 1 Resident
- Massachusetts Form 1 Non-Resident/Partial Year Resident
This message came directory from the IRS:
On January 4, the IRS announced that the 2018 tax filing season would begin on January 29. The IRS set the opening date to ensure the security and readiness of key tax processing systems in advance of the opening and to assess the potential impact of recent tax legislation on 2017 tax returns.
We are currently working to finalize the forms and instructions to reflect the legislation which passed in late December. As a result, some shipments may come later than normal.
While most IRS tax forms, instructions and publications will be available electronically on IRS.gov by the beginning of the filing season (Jan. 29), the printing and distribution process for printed products takes longer to complete.
To summarize, tax forms will be available online at https://www.irs.gov/ by January 29.
Forms and Assistance
To get IRS forms or instructions mailed to you, contact the IRS at http://www.irs.gov/uac/Forms-and-Publications-by-U.S.-Mail or call 1-800-829-3676.
Where to get W-2 and 1099-Misc forms for your employees. These forms are not available online or through the library.
- 1-800-829-3676 – If you need to order forms, publications, or instructions.
- 1-800-829-1040 – If you have tax questions regarding your personal income taxes.
- 1-877-777-4778 – The Taxpayer Advocate: If you have tax questions that you’re unable to resolve.
- 1-800-829-4477 – A collection of prerecorded messages that cover a wide variety of tax topics.
Massachusetts: Individual and Families: other helpful links, including electronic filing and checking your return status
- Customer service: 617-887-MDOR or 800-392-6089 (toll free in Massachusetts) DOR’s customer service call center hours for tax help are 10 am – 1 pm and 1:30 pm – 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
The reference staff (second floor) will be happy to assist you in locating and printing any forms you may need.